Do you ever feel lost? Like you don’t know which way to go, what’s the best action to take or how to even find out?
Do you ever wish that you had access to a repository of infinite wisdom and knowledge, of guidance and advice that had the answers you seek to help you on your path?
Well, I believe you do. Already. Right here, right now. Inside you.
First, let’s talk about how your subconscious mind can help you out.
In your day to day life, your subconscious mind processes a ton of information and then it communicates the output to you (the essential information it has gleaned through an IMMENSE amount of processing). The thing is, it does this in it’s own language.
It gives you a feeling. Or it draws your attention to a ‘sign’. Something visual. Or maybe it will latch onto something someone says. Or, it just gives you a sense of knowing, a clarity. We sometimes call it ‘instinct’.
Your subconscious doesn’t communicate in words. It communicates in feelings and pictures. If a picture is worth a thousand words… a feeling is worth even more.
(This works both ways, by the way… in the way that your subconscious communicates with you, and in the way that you can also communicate with it.)
Yet, we often ignore or decide not to listen to the output…
Most of us were not taught the importance of engaging the power of our subconscious (not to mention the superconscious) when we were growing up. AND many people don’t know about the particular language that both the subconscious and superconscious minds use to communicate.
So, we struggle on trying to figure stuff out by only using our conscious mind, by using logic or conscious reasoning. Great tools that they are, they are crude compared to the immense processing power of the subconscious and the extraordinary guidance we can get from our superconscious.
(I wrote about accessing all 3 levels of your consciousness in a recent blog post called “The Power of 3”).
How to Talk to Your Subconscious
You can ask our subconscious mind to process and find an incredibly well-informed answer to whatever question you ask of it. You can also ask for guidance on how to achieve your goals. And, you can also engage your ‘superconscious’ on the same task.
How? Well, first you ask with clarity, using the language of images and feelings.
Then you wait. Let go, and trust that the process is underway.
When the subconscious has input enough information, and finished processing, it will provide excellent guidance (it’s answer to your question) in the form of feelings and signs. And the superconscious… well, that runs on it’s own mysterious timetable. You will get an answer, at the right time.
Call it gut feeling. Call it intuition or instinct. Call it revelation. Call it a moment of clarity… Call it whatever you want! Just learn how to listen to those messages! Because there is so much information in them.
SO… if we ALL have access to this immense resource, why do we so often forget to use it? (You’re not alone here).
Maybe it’s because we don’t fully understand, respect or trust the amazing feat of processing that goes into arriving at the answer. Or, we don’t know how to work with or understand our subconscious and superconscious minds effectively in the first place.
If that’s you, here’s a simple 5 step guide that can serve as a jumping off point:
1) Reflect on the deeper motivations of your goals or questions (which means to think deeply on WHY you want to manifest your goals or why you’re asking) and check the integrity with respect to the highest good of yourself and of others.
2) State the goal or question clearly, preferably by showing it pictures or tapping into feeling states (the language of the subconscious)… and ask BOTH your subconscious and superconscious to process and give you guidance.
3) Wait. Be patient. You’re not in control of how long it will take to get a clear answer. Trust that the process is underway.
4) Listen to your intuitive feelings, keep your eyes open for signs, and use that information to decide on appropriate action. Don’t grab for the most obvious interpretation… let it percolate. Let the meaning reveal itself to you in layers.
5) When you feel like you know what to do, take action. Cultivate the courage to follow through, even if it scares you. Do the thing. Play your part. Be the best you that you can be!
And finally, let me know if this helped you in the comments!
To YOUR Abundance,
Julie Ann Cairns